This is a tool I’ve build in the last few weeks.
If you have ever been annoyed when searching for something in a logfile, this is the tool for you.
It fixes most problems I have experienced so far, that make reading logs an annoyance:
- Page long stacktraces
- Some information you don’t care about is cluttering the file (grep -v is clumsy at best..)
- Log files are line based, but you are looking for a specific time
This alpha build now allows scrolling based on time and on line. It can automatically hide stack traces and empty lines, plus any line containg strings as you like.
Besides that, it does nothing.
Will have tons of bugs.
Currently understands the following time formats. Mail me others if you need them included:
- “yymmdd_HHmmss” //proprietary IVU
- “yy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS” //Jboss logs
- “HH:mm:ss,SSS” //JBoss boot logs
License is Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. But feel free to send beer or cash.